Sunday, July 08, 2007

07-07-07 Live Earth

For those of you living under a rock...yesterday was the 7 continent concert event initiated by Al Gore's "Green Campaign". www.liveearth.org

It was pretty cool...I really hadn't "planned" on watching it...but I found myself awake at about 3:30am Saturday am and I flipped on the TV.

I got to see the kick-off at sunrise in Sydney Australia. It was WAY COOL. I was watching it live and they had aboriginal singers and Gore kicking it off. I got hooked...by the time Jeff woke up they were halfway around the world....Japan, Germany, England. The acts were SO diverse....Snoop Dogg, Keith Urban, Jack Johnson, Madonna, Alicia Keys....and a whole MESS of bands I haven't heard of.

By late afternoon they were broadcasting from New York, DC, Brazil...etc. If you get a chance to watch any highlights of the event, you should. It kinda reminded me of the broadcasting event(s) that encompassed the new millennium...except this was promoting stopping Armageddon...and the millennium broadcasts were trying to capture it live.

Y2K Armageddon....brought to you live....by Pepsi and Fidelity Investment Services.

I don't know how I managed, but I watched a 24 hour concert and AND the Wimbledon women's finals. Thank Goodness for TIVO.

No comments: