Tuesday, August 28, 2007

On to Plan D

Looks like my mets have increased in size and activity in my lungs and bones while taking Tykerb/Xeloda.

I'm taking a two week break from all drugs and then start Abraxane/Avastin, go back on Herceptin and continue to do monthly Zometa. Good news is I won't have to take 15 pills a day....bad news is I will loose my hair again...oh well.

I responded really well to Taxotore when I was first treating my mets a couple of years ago. I'm hoping the Abraxane will do the same trick. They are very similar drugs.

I'm actually feeling pretty good...even with this not so good news. I have an appetite for a change and I'm in a decent mood. Seems like nothing surprises me anymore.

I've got a couple of weeks off of drugs here...I plan on doing some serious eating and drinking (haven't had a drink in months and months)....anyone need a trip to O-town to assist me in my debauchery?

XO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nance,

Enjoy the few weeks off of the drugs. You deserve more than a drink...you deserve the whole bar!! Try to enjoy yourself during the break.

Sorry to hear about the news, but it sounds like your Doc has a good plan ready to go.

PS - love the new layout

Deanna

Rick said...

I think you're on to "Plan 9 from Outer Space" by now. :-)

Rick