Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mood is MUCH Better

Wow! Thank you to everyone who called, emailed, posted, sent ice cream (6 pints direct from Ben and Jerry's), sent cards, notes, hats etc....THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU....

My mood has improved so much since the week of July 4th. Having so many supportive people in my life is the main reason.

I had great talk with the Nurse Practitioner at my Onc's office. I was just B%^&!-en about how low I was feeling..."I used to be SO high energy" "I used to be SUCH a great Multi-Tasker" "I used to work-out SO much" etc etc etc.

Laura (RN) responded so matter of fact "You will never be like you used to be -so quit trying to get there and quit comparing your old self with your new self...you will just frustrate yourself and get even more depressed". So obvious...so incredibly dead on.

She also told me I NEEDED to move my butt. Some kind of exercise twice a day. Even if it's for only 10 minutes at a time. AGAIN...GEEZ...so obvious...so incredibly dead on.

I guess it helps to hear from a professional the same advice you would give to anybody else.

So, to all my friends and family ....to RN Laura, AND to the size 2 skirt I bought at Ann Taylor last week.....YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,

While we don't know one another, I feel like I know you, through your blog.

It's great to hear that you are doing better.

As long as you keep writing...we will keep reading.

Enjoy that ice cream.

Rick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick said...

Hi Nancy:

I'm glad you're doing better. Did you eat all the ice cream? Can you model the skirt for us? Size 2? Wow! I'd like to see that in action. ;-)

I find that my poodle, Pupster, really keeps my spirits up. Of course, I don't face the daunting challenges you do, but it's great to be loved and needed.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Now that's the Nancy I know and love!! I'm glad your feeling better. now tell me, how the hell can you eat all that ice cream and fit in a size 2!!! you suck! just kidding!

love you both!
Juj

Anonymous said...

nancy -

I don't know you personally I work with your (seeester in law) Julie (juj). We read your blog at work. I would just like to say.... Reading your blog inspires me to take 1 day at a time and enjoy the small things. It Even has made think things through a little more. Please know when writing about your life experiences you are actually a part of a alot of people's lives that you don't even realize. Thanks for being REAL!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!

Our Family Prays For YOU!!
GO GIRL!!! :D

CO-WORKER OF JUJ ILLINOIS

Nancy Wehrell said...

Hey Juj! Ok it was an "Ann Taylor 2" which means probably like a GAP 6. But I'll take it!

Thank you all your encouragement! And your friend at work who wrote is a real sweetheart.

:) N

Nancy Wehrell said...

Hey Rickster :) Hope everything is peachy at the beachy (sorry that was way too corney) :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,
You are so deserving of all the love that we can throw your way. I am glad that you are feeling better, of course, but it is good to express all the eotions that you have, so even though I don't want you to be sad and upset and frustrated and mad and.... I don't want it to be bottled up.
You re absolutely the best and I just love you. You truly do inspire and amaze so many.
I hope when the conf. rolls around you come to it, ok? OK!
Talk to you soon.
You rock!
MUAH,
Tracey

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy...Keep up the writing. Not only is it inspiring, it's probably one of the only things I read ALL the time, cover to cover. You're full of wisdom that I can't find elsewhere if I tried.
We think about you, from this corner of the world, daily. Sending all our love, smiles and sunshine...MaryLou and Jonathan Fisher