Thursday, September 28, 2006

Game Plan













Ok...now I have some great news for me.


I am STABLE again with NO drug changes...had all my new scans done at my new treatment facility, MD Anderson last week .....they compared with scans ordered from my former onc in June.

NOTHING has changed... My Ca27-29 has stayed at 90 for 4 months....SOOOOOOOOOOOOO....they want to reserve the Tykerb/Xeloda for when I really need it.

So after mets came back in June...I have waited all this time to find out they are unchanged. By the way...MD Anderson ROCKS!

Game plan: Stay on Herceptin and Zometa...change out femara and replace with faslodex. Improve QOL by managing pain in chest better (related to surgeries last year NOT tumor progression) with gabapentin (for nerve damage) Drink a gallon of water a day, light exercise, and live my life!

WHEW!!!!!!!!! I like that plan!!!!

Thank You SO much for all the encouragement, cards, emails, good wishes and holding my hand during this Roller Coaster Ride....Namaste. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ssgg said...

I am so glad for you Nancy!!! Take care dear, I love you so much!!! Keep in touch :))))
Thinking about you!
Ginka

Nancy Wehrell said...

Ginka! I heard about your trip to Italy!! How WONDERFUL! Love you too...Think about you all the time :)

ssgg said...

Yes, Italy is my favorite country. It is near Bulgaria and we found one very nice offer :))) Wish next time take you with me :))) I also would like to vizit Florida ... Do you know that my husband and I married in USA, we were there only for one week and that was so little time for such a big country... Now I am dreaming to visit it again for more time and maybe will come to Florida :))) I have friends in NY and Virginia Beach and they are waiting for me... :))) I am a person that likes dreaming and hope that ones have to dream and wish strong and the dreams would be true /hope that there are not many mistakes in my writing/. I feel that you are strong and very shiny person and know that you will find enough strenght to keep on thinking positive. Tell me more about you and your life... Looks that yor guy is very supportive and is loving you so much?! I remember pictures made from your window, Jef's /I am not sure about his name=chemo brain may be :)/new car and yor pictures from one vacation... Also your sisiter, wich is a realy a big treasure.... A also have a sister,which I love so mich!!! She lives far away me and I could see her about 2-3 times maximum per year.... Meanwhile, do you have skype or ICQ registration ?
I catched a cold - here wheather is very rainy,dark and cold last three days and I immediately get that cold... So, I am at home, drinking tea,aspirin and s.o. Vacation is over and tomorrow I have to go to work :(
Love you
Ginka